Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Confession: I LOVE holidays! I love making a big deal out of holidays. Every holiday. I love making memories that, hopefully, Lane and Bethany will carry with them their entire lives. My mom made a big deal out of every holiday. I still remember the 3 tier heart cake she would make on Valentine's Day. I'm pretty sure that was our breakfast and it was wonderful!

Needless to say, I had lots of fun planned for yesterday! Usually Chris has to work so he misses out on a lot of our holiday morning fun, but yesterday he was off. Much to my surprise, he greeted me with Starbucks in bed. He know me well :) I quickly got up and enjoyed my coffee while making heart shaped pancakes. Before long the kids woke up ready to open their little Valentine gifts.




 
 
Recently the Target dollar section has been LOADED with Jake and the Neverland Pirate and Dora - which couldn't be more perfect for these two! Along with all the random Jake and Dora goodies, they got ring pops, suckers, animal crackers and gummie bears.
 
 


 We quickly ate our heart pancakes and then rushed Lane to school. Lane had a blast at his first school Valentine's party! He came home and organized all his school Valentine treats! Ha!


Then, we checked the mail. The kids were THRILLED to have a card with stickers from Gigi and Bo!




 

After nap Gigi came over. I made one of the kids favorite dinners - spaghetti! Then we baked and decorated sugar cookies.





 

Bethany did a lot of icing licking...then she started trying to eat the icing straight out of the icing tube :)


 

... and then the kids went INSANE - WOAH SUGAR!! We quickly moved on to bath time, storytime and bed! All in all, it was a wonderful, fun-filled, sugar-coated, memory makin' Valentine's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment