Monday, January 21, 2013

Do you know who you are?

I noticed this blog in the drafts. Most of what is below was written way back in August 2011...better late than never, right?


Labels are everywhere. People are constantly labeled, whether good or bad. Sometime the label is true, sometimes it are completely false. Regardless of who you are we all carry many different labels.

Mom. Wife. daughter. short. tall. skinny. fat. intelligent. funny. lazy.

Most people find it easier to accept the negative labels over the positive - I know I do. For me, one of the hardest label to accept is leader. I have been in leadership positions most of my life. Whether it has been a swim coach for the younger kids, officer in clubs in school, or various leadership positions in church.

About a year ago, I was in a meeting at church and we were asked to repeat this phrase: "I am a leader who develops leaders as we build the body of Christ." That was the hardest sentence to repeat. Who am I to lead other leaders! My mind filled with thoughts like, "I'm not spiritually mature enough . I'm not old enough. Do I even know what I am doing?? How in the world do I lead leaders?"

Lately the Lord has really been showing me the error in my thinking. The focus should not be on me at all.On my own, I am a complete mess -  It's Christ in me that allows me to lead such an amazing group in my church.

When I tell God that daily I mess up, I can't lead He says because of Christ's sacrifice I am the righteousness of God.

When I remind God I feel the need to hyperventilate at the thought of talking to a group of people (adults are scary!), He reminds me that he has not given me a spirit of fear but of power and love.

So, do you know who you are? Have you let past mistakes, fears, or the world define you or have you accepted who the Creator says you are? Not sure?? Here is what God says about YOU:

You are a daughter(or son) of the Most High God.


You are God's workmanship, fearfully and wonderfully made.


You are a co-heir of Christ qualified to share in His inheritance


You are loved with an everlasting love.


You have the mind of Christ.


You are holy and without blame before Him


You are accepted and free from condemnation


You are called, chosen and faithful


You are more than a conqueror


You are the light of the world, the salt of the earth, the beloved of God


You are overtaken with blessing and complete in Him


You are strong in the Lord, dead to sin, and set free by truth


You are forgiven of all your sins and washed in Christ’s blood


You are being changed into His image


You are an ambassador for Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment