Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm all growin' up

Happy Birthday Lane!

You are 5 years old now! It seems like it was just yesterday that you were a tiny little fella leaving the NICU but as you reminded me yesterday ....

 
 You are "5 years old and all growin' up!"

 
You are so sweet and kind. I pray daily that you keep you sweet, kind heart always. You are so thoughtful. You freely give those you love hugs and sugar! I cherish them and dread the day you are too cool to give hugs and sugar. But never fear, I will be that mom that keeps giving you hugs and sugar and telling you how much I love you.


You love to laugh and make others laugh. You love telling knock-knock jokes. Right now a typical knock knock joke for you would go like this:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Shoe
Shoe who?
Shoe coming out a tree bush pizza. (insert your uncontrollable laughter here.)

Needless to say, Mommy and Daddy gave you a joke book for valentine's day and frequently google "kid jokes" to build your joke library! :)

You are a leader. Bethany follows you everywhere and does a lot of what you do (including telling stellar knock knock jokes!). You love Bethany with all your heart. Whenever you and I go shopping you almost always find something B needs or would want but you rarely ask for anything for yourself. Last night, you two were hugging so tight and saying you were best friends. You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you two say those words. I pray you feel that way about each other forever!

You are so smart. Soo soo smart. Last night you were reading to me and a word stumped you. I can't remember the last time a word stumped you. The word was rambunctious. Right now you really enjoy reading classic stories like "3 little pigs" and "Goldilocks". You've have started reading the book to Bethany and then you guys put on little plays. Bethany is usually the big, bad wolf and you are all the little pigs.

You have really started asking questions about God and Jesus. I love your sweet question but I don't always know the answers. "What's God's favorite flower? Does God like pizza?" If it's raining you will say "Oh God must be waterin' the flowers. That's so nice of Him!" After church you will tell me about the "worshipin' songs" you like to sing. Every Sunday, you get a sheet that has the story you read from the Jesus Storybook Bible and you will read that story over and over and over until the next Sunday. This week you have amazed me with several Bible verse you know. As much as I would like to say I taught you to memorize scripture, I think you learned them at your wonderful preschool! You LOVE singing "the B-I-B-L-E song and John 3:16." You sing them constantly right now! SO precious!

Here is a little video of you making a "joyful noise" singing John 3:16

You truly are a blessing, Lane! I thank God daily for trusting us to be your parents. We love big boy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment